Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Self-Critique

The Sacred Task, 2011

A lone warrior must confront and destroy an evil creature.

I intend the audience to be immersed in an experience that is as visually engaging as it is emotional encompassing. One should feel suspense, fear, and adrenaline flow as he or she watches my film.

My original idea truly came from viewing both Tarzan and Last of the Mohicans. I wanted to create a film that dealt much closer to nature's intimate connection with man. Both films dealt with this idea with success, as well as providing intense action and an engaging story. This, and my interest in both mythology and Native American culture guided me towards my finished product. This was important to me as a personal project because it allowed me to create a story that personified the way I look at life.

Theme:
Conquer your demons, lest you be conquered by them.

The strengths of my project are:
Dynamic animation
Production quality
Engrossing atmosphere throughout
Nice color palette

Problems areas I had particularly dealt with not preparing myself of the worst case scenarios. This project was two-years in the making. Since then I have suffered major loss of work, system crash, corrupted files, etc. I think that what I should learn to do and am making great strides to improve is organizing myself better.

I had the pleasure of learning a lot during the production of this film. By studying various styles of animation, I was able to improve my animation skills and produce more fluid actions in my movie. Also, I have learned a great deal about Toon Boom. A program that I thought to be so limiting is actually very compelling and diverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment